Mutual of Enumclaw Wildfire Program
Wildfire protection is part of the policy.
Changing environmental conditions have caused an increased threat of wildfire throughout the western United States. The Mutual of Enumclaw Wildfire Program and our partnership with Wildfire Defense Systems, Inc. (WDS) were created to address this emerging
issue and help protect your property, at no additional cost to you.
Benefits of the Mutual of Enumclaw Wildfire Program:
WDS is an association of trusted wildfire management professionals and Certified Wildland Firefighters trained to go into evacuation zones to provide structure saving services.
First responder resources aren't always directed towards property protection. WDS services prioritize protecting property, employing tactics beyond what many fire departments perform.
The Mutual of Enumclaw Wildfire Program is provided to you at no charge. If your property is damaged as the result of our services, we will pay to repair your property.
Benefit from a fleet of certified wildfire engines outfitted with the right tools to protect your property during a wildfire, including: sprinklers, fire blocking gel, and ground-applied retardant.
WDS uses Thermo-Gel, a non-toxic, heat-absorbing Class A fire-retardant safe for structures and the environment, that is easily removed with water.
Get personal contact from WDS during wildfire incidents.
Things to know:
- Always notify your local 911 center if you encounter a wildfire. WDS is not a first responder, and local resources are always in the best position to respond.
- The Mutual of Enumclaw Wildfire Program adheres to the Incident Command System to coordinate efforts, therefore on occasion the local Incident Commander may choose not to allow WDS access to the fire area.
- While WDS will make every effort to protect landscaping, the priority is protecting your personal possessions. If protective gel is applied, it also may be applied to landscaping immediately around your structure.
- There is no guarantee your property will be saved in the event of a wildfire. Safety concerns or engine availability limitations may make it impossible for WDS to access your property. The program has been very successful, but occasionally structures are lost.
- If WDS needs access through a locked gate, we will contact you. If we are unable to contact you we will not force our way onto the property. Please remember to keep your contact information up to date.
- You can easily update your contact information with us by visiting our Member Portal - or contact your agent.
- We sincerely hope you will allow us to provide this valuable, no-cost service to you. But if you wish to opt-out, please call your agent or complete the opt-out form at mutualofenumclaw.com/wds.
- We recommend you routinely perform structure-saving maintenance. For more information on basic preventative steps you can take, including the creation of defensible space, please see our Wildfire Helpful Resources.
Be prepared in the event of a wildfire.
We've created several resources to help you better prepare for, and respond to wildfires. Take steps to protect your home, business, or farm.
The Mutual of Enumclaw Wildfire Program is a service provided to member's with Homeowners (HO-3 and HO-5) or Farm Property coverage.
We do not consider wildfire risk mitigation actions for our eligibility or rating plan. Mutual of Enumclaw uses a third-party vendor to assess wildfire risk and members can impact their score by clearing vegetation in the area surrounding the property. This can be done directly by the policyholder on their property and at the community level, such as through NFPA’s Firewise Community program.
The information we share on our site is intended to serve as a general overview. Please refer to your policy or contact your local independent agent for specific coverage details.