Consumer Privacy StatementThis privacy notice is being provided on behalf of Mutual of Enumclaw which includes Mutual of Enumclaw Insurance Company and Enumclaw Property & Casualty Insurance Company. It describes how information about you is handled and the steps we take to protect your privacy. Mutual of Enumclaw appreciates the trust you place in us when you purchase insurance from one of our companies. We value you as a policyholder and are committed to protecting your nonpublic personal information. We are also committed to protecting personal information of other customers with whom we do business. To learn more about how Mutual of Enumclaw collects and uses your personal information, please read the following notice.
Protecting Your Personal InformationWe maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your nonpublic personal information (NPI). The only persons who are authorized to access this information are those whose jobs require access. Their use of NPI is limited by law, our employee Code of Conduct, and written agreements where appropriate. We require them to keep NPI secure and confidential.
Information We CollectWe collect personal information about you from different sources, including:
- The information you provide on applications or other forms (such as your name, address, and Social Security number)
- Your transactions with us, our affiliates or others (such as your payment history and claims information)
- The information we receive from a consumer reporting agency or insurance support organization (such as your credit history, driving record, or claims history)
- Your independent insurance agent (such as updated information pertaining to your account). Independent agents are not Mutual of Enumclaw employees. They may have additional information about you that we do not have and they may use your information to advise you of additional products and services offered through their agency. Contact your independent agent to learn more about their privacy practices.
Our Use of Your Personal InformationWe only disclose the NPI of our customers and former customers as required or permitted by law. Generally, this includes sharing information with certain third parties to administer your transactions with us, service your insurance policy or claim, or detect and prevent fraud. We may also share information with third parties with your authorization. These third parties may include entities such as your independent insurance agent, independent contractors (such as automobile repair facilities and property inspectors), insurance support organizations, auditors, attorneys, courts, and government agencies.
We may be required to share your information with our reinsurers. European reinsurers are subject to the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Article 14 of the GDPR requires that each reinsurer provide information about how personal data is processed.
State Privacy Laws
This privacy notice may be supplemented by privacy laws in your state. Mutual of Enumclaw will protect your information in accordance with your state’s laws.
- California Residents: View our California Consumer Privacy Statement
Updated May 29, 2020