Top 10 New Member FAQsNovember 2022
Insurance can be confusing. We understand that. We know as well that starting a relationship with a new insurance provider can add to the confusion. It’s natural to have questions. That’s why part of our job is to help you make that transition as seamlessly as possible. With nearly 125 years in the industry, we’ve learned a lot about how to do that.
That objective, to make joining Mutual of Enumclaw as fast and easy as possible, is a key reason behind our thoughtful approach to member service. It’s baked into our DNA, shared by our people and the independent agents who represent us, and rooted in our deep connections to the communities we serve.
Drawing on decades of listening to our members, we’ve compiled a list of our top 10 member questions — and the answers. We hope that by collecting the most common FAQs, perhaps even including questions you hadn’t thought of yet, we can bring you some peace of mind about your future. Of course, if we’ve missed something you’re wondering about, reach out. Our Member Services team is ready to help.
- What's the value of an independent agent?
- Why does being a member with a mutual insurance company matter?
- What are the benefits of going paperless?
- Why should I set up a member profile?
- What are the benefits of the mobile app?
- What is needed to add a new vehicle/driver?
- What is the claims process, and what should I expect should I need to file a claim?
- Where are my physical ID cards?
- Does Mutual of Enumclaw have a six-month payment plan?
- When should I consult Mutual of Enumclaw, and when should I check with my agent?
1. What’s the value of an independent agent?
For us, it’s all about the personal touch. So like many mutuals, our products are only available through local independent agents. These agents remain impartial to find you the best fit, guide coverage changes as your life evolves, live in the same neighborhoods you do, and can meet face-to-face when you need them. Plus, our agent partners can often identify coverage options and discounts other agents might not be able to find.
2. Why does being a member with a mutual insurance company matter?
In addition, as a mutual, we pool our members’ premiums. This gives us the resources to pay for claims and pay our employees. We put any surplus into a reserve fund that can help us get through any challenging circumstances we might encounter.
3. What are the benefits of going paperless?
4. Why should I set up a member profile?
5. What are the benefits of the mobile app?
6. What is needed to add a new vehicle/driver?
7. What is the claims process, and what should I expect should I need to file a claim?
8. Where are my physical ID cards?
9. Does Mutual of Enumclaw have a six-month payment plan?
No, we don’t. You can choose from our monthly and full-pay options.
10. When should I consult Mutual of Enumclaw, and when should I check with my agent?
Ask your Agent about
- Account reviews, including deep dives addressing risks or possible endorsements
- If you should file a claim
- Starting a new line of insurance (i.e., buying a commercial or farm policy and/or policies not carried by MOE)
- Cancellation of, or changes to, an existing policy
- Financial planning guidance
- Questions on commercial or farm policies (except billing)
- Lowering coverages (not deductibles), including potential needs or negative impacts
Ask Mutual of Enumclaw about
- Any billing questions or requests, including payment actions (e.g., setting up recurring payments, EFT, paperless)
- Starting a claim after deciding to file
- Help with the member site, mobile app, or online access
- Changes to your EFT-Easy Pay bank account; only MOE has the ability to update EFT payment information
- Taking payments (in case that’s preferred to self-service options or going through your agent)
Both Mutual of Enumclaw and/or your Agent can help you with
- Questions about policy (including rate changes, insurance guidance, processes for potential future policy changes, and quotes)
- Add or remove drivers to a policy; add or remove a vehicle; provide updated information about homes and vehicles
Knowledge is power. We hope by sharing answers to some of the most common questions we get from new members, we’re equipping you to be a part of managing your coverages. For additional questions, check with your agent or reach out to us. We’re always ready to help.
A history of thoughtful coverage.
We were founded in 1898 by a group of local farmers who wanted to look out for each other. Although we have steadily grown since then, that same spirit exists today.